Having the privilege to do what I love everyday fells like I won some kind of cosmic lottery. I feel a massive sense of responsibility to live my best life, and to do right by my opportunities. Why? Because wasting my time would be a super tragedy. As a daughter of Brazilian immigrants, I still remember vividly how much my parents sacrificed in order to give us (their kids) a better future. How could I take that for granted? Living here and now is a huge privilege, so I bust my ass everyday in order to make sure I aim to inspire before I expire.
I created a habit a few years ago to take inventory of the past year in order to better understand my choices, and help me navigate the upcoming year. I do this by making 4 comprehensive lists: 1. Professional Accomplishments, 2. Personal Accomplishments, 3. Professional Projections (aka Goals), 4. Personal Projections (aka Goals). This year, I'm starting early!
So here's to my mom & dad, and to all of us who are doing our best to create a better world today:
1. Studio Grand Opening
2. 11 Workshops Including: Kimball Art Center, Lifelong Learning at the University of Utah, Summer Series at Red Deer College, Sonoma Community Center, Swinton's Art Supply & Workshop SLC
3. 10 Group Shows Including: Alpine Art & Frame, Dara Modern & 15th Street Gallery
4. 7 Interior Design Collaborations Including: General Publik, Johnson Design Group & Hudson Interior Design
5. 4 Installations Including: Creatably, Hearth & Home & Healing Arts Center
6. 4 Media Features Including: Twin Tested, Park City Summit County Arts & Root'd Home
7. 4 Large-Scale Commission Paintings Including: Mountain America Credit Union, Sandy, Utah
8. 4 Donations Including: Malouf Foundation's Art for CAPSA, Volunteers of America & Red Deer College Summer Series Scholarship Fund
9. Live Painting Event at Sundance Film Festival, Park City, Utah
10. Over 50 Canvasses Painted. PLUS Painting sales, Fearless Abstract Painting Workshop Transcript Sales, Private Art Instruction, 1 birthday party & 2 new teaching partnerships coming up in 2020 including: Arts Benicia & Hollyhock
This blog was created to share my belief that the art-making process is a catalyst for transformation and personal empowerment. I am living proof.