I feel deeply grateful for the opportunity to have a Solo Gallery Exhibit at this stage in my life.
'The Illuminated Desert' is the culmination of my 13-year professional arts career consisting of 27 original paintings which embody my 5 key principles for art-making:
1. Overcoming fear & experiencing freedom continues to be my primary impetus for making art and being a full-time artist.
2. Art is a tool for transformation & personal empowerment. I am living proof.
3. Infusing the environment into my work is a means through which I gather information about place & makes me feel like I belong to where I am.
4. We can’t help it. We paint who we are. The canvas is our mirror.
5. Aligning my consciousness with a “higher power” transforms art-making into a meditative practice of surrender vs control.
A huge & heartfelt thank you to all the family & friends who continue to encourage & support my work. A special thanks to Susan Bonosconi for having the faith in me to bring this dream to reality.
'The Illuminated Desert'
October 21 - November 11
Alpine Art Gallery
This blog was created to share my belief that the art-making process is a catalyst for transformation and personal empowerment. I am living proof.