Fearless Abstract Painting w/Metallics Workshop | 2-days
Date: November 9 & 10, 2019
Time: 10 AM - 4 PM
Cost: $295 (supplies not included)
Location: 153 W 2100 S, Salt Lake City, UT
Join professional artist Samantha daSilva as she shares her unique method of painting: Rollers rather than brushes, tables instead of easels, lots of paint and water, canvas manipulation and plaster, salt, sand and wood shavings to create ethereal textured abstracts. *Fearless Metallics Workshop is a modern twist to using metallic paints, powders and gold leaf.
Workshop Outline | 2-days
1. Why is there so much fear in art?
2. Philosophy: "The process of creating evolves into ideas."
3. Materials Overview: Thin Profile VS Gallery Profile Canvases & Student VS Artist Quality Acrylics
4. Why & How to Tone Your Canvas
5. Fearless Abstract Painting Foundational Techniques: Using nature as a starting point, paint application with a roller, color blending, canvas manipulation & paper towel lifts
6. Texture Building & Making Your Own Mediums: Gel Medium, Modeling Paste & Plaster
7. Translucent Layering
8. Varnishing Like a Pro
In addition, heart-centered discussions will be offered to assist you to let go of fear, silence the inner critic, turn up your intuition & explore your own artistic style in a safe, supportive environment including: What will make painting easier?, Compassionate Critiques, How to tell your painting is finished, and so much more!
No previous experience necessary, just an open mind and an open heart.
*A SUPPLY LIST will be emailed to you upon registration.