Fearless Abstract Painting | STUDIO CLASSES
September 22 - November 10, 2020 (8-weeks)
6 PM- 8 PM
$295 (Supplies not included)
Paint fearless, transform your life.
Join professional artist Samantha daSilva as she shares her unique method of painting: Rollers rather than brushes, tables instead of easels, lots of paint and water, canvas manipulation and plaster, salt, sand and wood shavings to create ethereal, textured abstracts.
In addition, heart-centered discussions will be offered to assist you to let go of fear, silence the inner critic, turn up your intuition & explore your own artistic style in a safe, supportive environment including: 6 Questions to Help You Paint Fearless, Compassionate Critiques, How to tell your painting is finished, and so much more!
No previous artistic experience necessary, just an open mind and an open heart.
- Welcome to Fearless Abstract Painting!
- Materials Overview: Thin VS Deep Profile Canvasses & Student VS Artist Quality Acrylic Paints
- How to Begin: Why & How to Tone Your Canvas
- Fearless Abstract Painting foundational techniques & philosophy
- Homework: Find one example of your favorite abstract painting
- Texture: Gel, Modeling Paste, Plaster
- Making Your Own Mediums using salt, sand & sawdust
- Homework: Find a texture medium that is unique to you
- Open Studio
- Incorporating collage elements into your work
- 6 Questions to Help You Paint Fearless
- Washes & Glazes
- Working w/ Rubbing Alcohol
- Open Studio
- Composition & Compassionate Critiquing
- Handout: Principles of Design
- How To Varnish Like A Pro
- How do you know your painting is finished?
A Supply List will be emailed to you once you have registered.
Non refundable. In order to ensure that this workshop will run, we require a minimum of 6 participants. If you cannot attend for any reason, please be aware that your only option is to sell your spot and find someone else to take your place.