Fearless Abstract Painting w/Metallics Workshop | 2-days
CANCELLED due to COVID-19
March 28 & 29, 2020
Time: 10 AM - 4 PM (12 hours)
Cost: $295 (Supplies not included)
Location: Workshop SLC, Salt Lake City, UT
Fearless Metallics Workshop is a modern twist to using metallic paints, powders and gold leaf.
Join professional artist Samantha daSilva as she shares her unique method of painting: Rollers rather than brushes, tables instead of easels, lots of paint and water, canvas manipulation and plaster, salt, sand and wood shavings to create ethereal textured abstracts.
No previous experience necessary, just an open mind and an open heart.
Workshop Outline | 2-days
- Why is there so much fear in art?
- Philosophy: "The process of creating evolves into ideas."
- Why & How to Tone Your Canvas
- Fearless Abstract Painting Foundational Techniques: Using nature as a starting point, paint application with a roller, color blending, canvas manipulation & paper towel lifts
- Texture Building & Making Your Own Mediums: Gel Medium, Modeling Paste & Plaster
- Washes VS Glazes
- Don't Kill Your Metallics! Opacity VS Transparency
- Metallic Paints, Powders & Gold Leaf
- Varnishing Like a Pro
In addition, heart-centered discussions will be offered to assist you to let go of fear, silence the inner critic, turn up your intuition & explore your own artistic style in a safe, supportive environment including: 5 Questions to Help You Paint Your Truth, Compassionate Critiques, How to tell your painting is finished, and so much more!
Supplies are not included. Supply list will be emailed upon registration.
This workshop is non-refundable. If you cannot attend for any reason, please note that your only option is to find someone else to purchase the workshop from you.