Everyday, and at least once a day, make a habit of doing something that is just for you. Wether it's a moment, an hour or an afternoon. If you enjoy your own company, other people will too. 10 good ideas:
1. Visit the Graycon building in Calgary (319 - 10 Ave SW) and take a self-guided walking tour. It boasts 2 entire floors of artist studios. Very inspiring.
2. Visit The Heather Company to check out a new wall display featuring my work. Wow. Amazing.
4. Take a cooking lesson from a friend.
5. Pick up a new book
6. Run into this beauty at Lakeview Bakery. While you're there, have a Woodstock cookie.
7. Have a drink (or a few) at the Hop In Brew Pub. The coolest thing about this place is that it's a centennial home converted into a bar and restaurant.
8. Visit this public art piece called Cloud Ring. Cloud Ring is formed after the historic Beltline Streetcar Loop and it also resembles a Chinook Arch. A beautiful, shinny, purple migraine headache.
9. I came home from visiting my nieces & nephews wearing 3 pipe-cleaner bracelets, a pipe-cleaner necklace, a pipe-cleaner crown and a pipe-cleaner belt. I got hand-made drawings and cards, some found jewelry (I really hope it's not my sister-in-law's) and a tooth. Yup, my niece lost her tooth and guess who she chose to give it too?! She told me to put it on a painting. Not a bad idea. Anyone interested in buying a painting with a tooth on it? It's one of a kind!
This blog was created to share my belief that the art-making process is a catalyst for transformation and
I am living proof.