10 Ways To Help You Decide If Your Painting Is Finished:
1. You love it & you say you’re finished
2. Someone else loves it & they say you’re finished
3. You become bored & lose interest
6. You become giddy & excited when making the work
4. You are able to project the idea in your head onto the canvas
5. You are not able to project the idea in your head onto the canvas but something surprising, unexpected and perhaps even magical manifests on the canvas instead
7. Your have a “gut feeling” that you should walk away
8. You become afraid of “ruining” your painting if you keep on working on it
9. You can’t wait to “hurry up and finish this painting” so that you can work on the painting you really want to work on
10. You have a deadline
You love it & someone else loves it. You love it & someone else hates it. You hate it & someone else loves it.
Knowing when your abstract painting is finished comes down to one thing: YOU. In the end, you alone have the power and the responsibility to decide wether your painting lives or morphs into something entirely different.
This blog was created to share my belief that the art-making process is a catalyst for transformation and personal empowerment. I am living proof.