10 questions & answers regarding my upcoming 8-Week Studio Fearless Abstract Painting Class at Swinton's Art Supply in Calgary, AB.
Thank you for contacting me! I am so pleased you enjoyed painting with me at the college and I am thrilled you are thinking about joining us for my upcoming 8-Week Class. I will do my best to answer your questions:
1. What are the supplies needed for the Fearless Abstract Painting 8-Week Studio Classes?
The supply list for my class can be found on my website.
2. How much would the supplies cost?
The cost of the supplies will mostly depend on the products you chose to buy. If you have taken my workshop in the past, you know my philosophy on buying deep VS thin profile canvasses and artist VS student quality paint. Buying high VS buying low can result in a big difference at the till.
3. Something you didn’t ask, but I will mention because it influences the cost of supplies is How many canvasses you will paint in the 8 weeks. Once again, the answer to that is extremely personal. For example, in 8 weeks, I have had students finish anywhere from one painting to 16 paintings!
4. Are the supplies included in the course fee?
No, the supplies are not included in the course fee. I like to have the students buy the materials that resonate with them. Furthermore, I don't believe in forcing everyone to buy the same thing since I always encourage my students to indulge their own creative urges.
5. Do you give a seniors discount for the course?
I do not.
6. Do you give a discount on the supplies (if not included)?
Swinton’s offers a 10% student discount on most of their supplies.
7. How many students are in the class?
10 students total.
8. Does this course include the metallic/gold techniques as well?
It is important for you to know that Metallics will not be covered in the 8-week class. Once you have taken a Metallics workshop with me, you are welcome to use metallics in the class or experiment with them on your own. Metallics are picky and they require a separate workshop to really understand them.
9. Would love to see an outline of what she will teach during those 8 Studio classes!!!
The 8-week open studio class does not have a formal course outline. Students who take this class are encouraged to bring what they are working on and I will support them by offering class discussions, demos and personalized assistance.
10. If not, will she teach the metallic painting course/workshop in the near future, where she uses metallic paints, metal powders, transparent versus opaque paints, etc.?
It sounds like to me that you might be mostly interested in taking the Metallics Course. In this case, please have a look at my 2015 Course Schedule to find a Metallics class nearest you.
Here's to hoping you will join us!
This blog was created to share my belief that the art-making process is a catalyst for transformation and
I am living proof.